Deliverables & Goals
Documentary & Telethon Productions
Motivate, And Get People/Businesses To Donate!
Documentary: Delivery 4-6 months after securing sponsorship.
It will be...
1) a fast-paced, scalable,
production of 90 – 120 minutes which will delineate
a) Veterans’ problems via interviews and day-in-the-life
b) DAV mission including assisted vets, DAV leadership,
interviews, statistics, etc.
2) a modular production
which will support
15/30/60/120 second PSAs,
1-5 minute segments to show during the telethon
5 minute online streaming segments...
10-15 minute “luncheon” program segments...
40-60 minute TV segments (40 minutes w ads... 60 w/o ads)
90-120 minute full production for theatrical release
Others to be determined
Documentary Goal: To use the power of documentary filmmaking to
consistently deliver a modular, veterans’ and DAV’s message that can be deployed in various media without the
need of an eloquent spokesperson to explain it.
Telethon: Delivery no less than one year from the completion of sponsorship
We expect that...
1) the first annual telethon
will be between 1-4 hours...
2) it will follow a typical
telethon model of...
- a popular, veteran-respected Master of Ceremonies,
- segments from the documentary a la the video short, but in greater detail,
- in-person veteran guest appearances reinforcing the message of the documentary,
- in-person DAV leadership segments... goals... stats... legislative efforts, programs,
- guest stars, political leaders, and entertainment,
- walk-ons of people/corporate leaders making larger donation,
- a bank of telephone operators – some on stage / others off, and perhaps, and
- “live remotes” from Departments in time zones to accommodate donations.
we are exploring the use of Internet streaming to carry the telethon as well as to solicit donations through a trusted
Telethon Goals: To use the broad reach of TV and the Internet...
- to build a national awareness of the veterans’ plight in general...
- to delineate the DAV’s broad, all-services, all-war, all-injuries mission...
- to obtain donations to the DAV for additional/improved services to vets...
- to encourage public involvement through local volunteer and political